SevenBar is looking to employ Helicopter Air Ambulance Captains in support of University of New Mexico Hospital. This position will require 14-16 twelve hour shifts per month on week on week off basis. In this role, you’ll report to the Base Manager and Chief Pilot and be responsible for choreographing safe and efficient air medical flight operations. This role is Helicopter Captain working with a team of highly trained medical professionals. As PIC you will have the responsibility of making the tactical aviation decisions that help flight medics and nurses deliver outstanding patient care.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Communicates effectively to the Chief Pilot, Base Manager, and other crew members regarding flight operational activities
- Have no qualms canceling or suspending any flight operation in the interest of safety until hazards have been removed or are no longer a threat to safe operations
- Performs the Line Pilot role, as well as other tasks as assigned, to help support the strategic objectives of the flight operations department
- Promotes and supports our Safety and Just Culture Programs
- Embraces and demonstrates promotional behaviors consistent with our organizational values and policies
- You should have excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as the interpersonal skills needed to work effectively with customer representatives and other internal employees, both laterally and vertically. You should be experienced and proficient in Microsoft Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, and Excel and able to effectively use various mobile devices such as iPhones and iPads.
- You should be self-motivated and organized, able to plan and manage your time effectively and be proficient at acquiring new skills rapidly.
- You will be performing pre- and post-flight inspections, as well as planning flights, assisting in loading of passengers, baggage, and cargo, analyzing weather conditions, and maintaining aircraft and pilot logs and records.
- You will be responsible for the operation of an aircraft tug, tractor, and/or ground handling equipment.
- Must be able to hold a TSA or Airport-issued Air Operations Area (AOA) or Security Identification Display Area (SIDA) security badge
- Must be able to meet Pilot in Command qualifications in the Agusta Helicopter family and maintain a first-class medical
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Commercial/Instrument Rotorcraft-Helicopter Required, ATP preferred
- Minimum of 2000 hours total time
- Minimum of 1500 hours R/W time PIC required
- Minimum 1000 R/W Turbine hours required
- Minimum 500 hours cross-country required
- Minimum 75 hours Simulated / Actual instrument time required
- Minimum 100 hours of night time required
- NVG experience preferred
- Prior Part 135 and air medical experience preferred. Exceptions allowed for prior military personnel with an honorable discharge and civilian certificates.
- Prior Agusta experience preferred
- Prior HAA experience preferred
Ability to climb in and out of aircraft and ambulances is required. Ability to sit for extended periods of time and complete computer work. Overnight travel required for training, and occasional relief work. Be able to lift 75 lb. baggage
Position Reports To Base Manager and Chief Pilot
Company Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, Life, Supplemental Life, Gym membership reimbursement, 401(k) and Paid Time Off (PTO)
To apply click here https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=14388&clientkey=BB894417631C10CBB0F533CC09EA88CE